Monday, March 14, 2011

Mystery Fruit

I recently hosted my first student gathering for the semester, and as expected, the students did not come empty-handed.  Fortunately, they didn't show up with 100 ripe bananas, but they did show up with a ton of fruit.  Most of the fruits were of familiar (albeit expensive) varieties, but one left the Husband and me puzzled.


It's about the size of a small grapefruit, light green with small ribs going up the sides.  When opened, it resembles a small cantaloupe tinted yellow-green and has a melony smell.

As far as taste and texture go, it's like a funny cross between watermelon and cantaloupe but mushy.  So, not a fruit that I'd be going out of my way to pursue.  Still, an interesting experience either way.  At least it didn't taste like chou doufu.

No comments:

Post a Comment